Tuesday, July 19, 2011

POUF...or maybe a drop in the bucket!

Since we've moved into our home, I have not had time to be "creative".

Nothing new was purchased, we simply made our "stuff" fit. And it has been funny, several friends that have visited thought we had new "stuff"...but no, just arranged a little differently - and maybe even in a new room/location. Admittedly, it has felt "fresh"...and I, personally, love change!

I'm beginning to digest, think...and dream.

You know me (or if you don't know me (yet ;p)), I buy on the cheap. It's really how I began to know I was "creative". I wanted a certain look for my home years and years and years ago, but could not afford it. So, I dreamed, I figured, I created, I tried, I failed, I tried again...and the entire process is fun for me! (I know, you just called me a weirdo again...but, really, I understand)!

I've been thinking about the grandchildren's room here. It is all hand-me-downs..that I LOVE. Each piece has a "reason" to be belong...



I want a play/work area for them. They are very small...a toddler and a newborn...so something that will grow with them.

The dramatic, looking for inspiration "me" loves this set sold by Serena & Lilly...



I could live without the stuffed dear, but LOVE the look and functionality of this table and soft "pouf" chairs.

Or this is another style of "pouf" chair sold by Serena & Lilly...



LOVE IT...hmmm, I am thinking how portable this would be...they could play in the family room, or even use them to scoot up to their little dining table! I think this could be recreated and "lollified".

Then, I found this by a brilliant blogger...



She was influenced by another leading design store, put her spin on it...and the bucket serves as storage & seating! BRILLIANT (and cute)!

The thoughts are spinning now...and I LOVE this feeling.

Are you a cheap on the go friend with expensive designer taste? Are you working on projects? Would LOVE to know / and see!

I am considering hosting a project group in my home this Fall...anyone interested? I have the concept of what I would like to do...just curious if anyone would be interested...

Gotta go...good to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment